britony combi se boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Britony SE combi. When turned on everything starts up the pump runs and the everything goes as normal for 8 seconds but then it shuts down. The water pressure is correct (.75-1.5 bar cold) but it will not stay lit. I have tried serveral times to reset it, but still no joy. can you help please?

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler go to lock out or does it just stop the gas, then start again - may be - on its own?

Does the boiler go to lock out or does it just stop the gas, then start again - may be - on its own?

the boiler stops the gas (i think) and the code shows lights 70 & 80 flashing. "no flame detected" and yet when it first starts I can see the flames, they just don't stay lit. hope this helps

Sponsored Links
I had an identical problem with the same boiler - luckily under guarantee. After 5 visits and changing spark module, PCB etc they contacted the manufacturer who told them to check a little pressure switch on the far right had side of the boiler - it fell apart when he touched it. Apparently it is there to detect a water flow problem so the burner can't burn onto a dry heat exchanger -thus when it goes duff it switches off the gas supply. Don't let them change any expensive part until they've checked it - it's a known problem with that boiler and a cheap part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back