Broken Fridge of Fridge Freezer - Zanussi Model ZNB4051S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model ZNB4051S
Product number : 925034409
Serial number : 64030081

Hi,

This is the second time the Fridge Freezer has broken down in 2 weeks.

Before that it showed signs of trouble coming when the fridge stopped working briefly and we turned the power off and on and it started again.

Last time it properly broke (2 weeks ago), the fridge stopped and the LED display at the top of the appliance for the fridge showed a dash, instead of the temp but the freezer was still a constant -18oC and working fine.

As I used to work for Comet (lately redundant from the CIC) I knew to turn it off and defrost for 48 hours, so we took food to my parents and did that for 72 hrs to be sure. On firing it up it worked perfectly! We were very happy and relieved as this is a £400 FF.

But yesterday, the fridge started making strange 'rattling' sounds that it hadn't before, e.g. every time you opened the door and the compressor switched off, it was like the sound of a fan or compressor that was catching something, or like a bit of a knackered whirring sound.

Just this afternoon the fridge has gone again and a dash in the temp display is back with rapid loss of cool air inside. Freezer working still.

The machine is only 5 years old. Can any engineer advise us if and how to fix it this time, based on what we've already tried for this model, OR whether it sounds repairable or beyond economical. As I say I've just been made redundant from Comet and this couldn't happen at a worse time lol

Details:
Zanussi Electrolux - Model ZNB4051S Product number : 925034409 Serial number : 64030081

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

No advice huh? Could really do with some opinions. Maybe I'm blacklisted on here lol Don't seem to get any replies anymore :(

Well as an update anyway. The FF is still not working and I've lost about a tenners worth of food now in the fridge, as it started making the compressor motor/swishing sound like it does when working, despite the dash in the display, so we thought we'd leave it, to see if the temp came back down but no such luck.

Now worried it is costing loads keeping it like this with compressor seeming to run all the time but have a full working freezer and no family to off load to with space.

Really hoped someone might have encountered this before on this model or a similar and might have an idea of the parts that may have gone. I really can't afford a call out fee to find its unrepairable.

Oh it also keeps making a banging sound every few minutes like something is stuck and releasing.

Thanks guys!

freeze 2x2L plastic bottles full [2" air gap at the top]off water in the freezer swap with another 2 bottles in the fridge every 12 hours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back