Browning is now ........ BROWN???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have done a little bit of plastering in the past after I did a DIY course at the local tech. When I say a little just our house and a couple of friends spare bedrooms and the like. Anyhow I have used Browning in the past and it has always been GREY in colour. Bought a bag from the sheds yesterday for patching up the massive holes in our bathroom after removing some tiles and the Browning is actually BROWN!!!

Whats going on there then have they changed the colour? or are there different types of Browning?

The texture and drying time is different as well and the bag appears to be heavier that the GREY stuff

Any advice welcome Ta

Sponsored Links
Rob,
Is this British Gypsum(B/G) Browning you are on about? I use B/G Bonding Coat and most of the time it is grey,but over the past year or two it is sometimes pink in colour,it seems to go off a lot quicker than the grey,so for that reason I prefer it.The grey seemed to take forever to set without a little bit of this or that in it.I enquired about the colour difference as I explained in a previous post some time ago,and B/G said that it was due to the different colours of the gypsum used in the manufacture.Maybe this could explain your query.The overall quality of the finished job remains the same.

Roughcaster.

roughcaster

Yes it was a bag of British Gypsum(B/G) Browning.

Thanks for the information regarding the different colours of the gypsum, that makes perfect sense.

the actual quality was much the same when it went on so I was not to bothered, it was noticeably heavier though i.e. the Grey stuff when mixed is very light almost as if it is full of air unlike this Brown stuff. Anyhow thanks for the advice finished the skim coat yesterday so Im glad its not a dough bag. didn't fancy chipping it all off as it too ages to do, my hats off to all plasterers worldwide, it has to be the hardest most knackering job in the WORLD !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back