BS7671 form ( no. of points)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On an Installation Schedule form (including test results) does the no. of points refer to actual sockets (ie a double socket = 2) etc or a point as in the term a connection which may mean a double socket =1

Sponsored Links
A point is an actual connection, so a twin socket or one of those spotlight bars with three lights on both count as one point.

Would agree with Spark & RF but my assessor said "It doesn't matter just be consistent - if you call a double socket two points then always call a double socket two points".

Personally it makes more sense if a double socket is one connection to a ring or spur so its one point.

Sponsored Links
Aye. The certificate is to do with the fixed wiring rather than the accessory.
I was always told that a point is a connection so, per the above, a double socket is a point. Otherwise a 4 ring hob would be 4 points and that would be crazy.

Would agree with Spark & RF but my assessor said "It doesn't matter just be consistent - if you call a double socket two points then always call a double socket two points".

Personally it makes more sense if a double socket is one connection to a ring or spur so its one point.

But the forms are not consistent! There is a lighting point and there is the furthest point and testing point all completely different.

The point is with lighting you have more than ceiling roses you also have wall lamps so a word has to be found to cover both.

The word point is used four times in the document. And when referring to sockets it is talking about a test place which will be electrical mid way on a ring main.

The Installation Schedule form (including test results) issued by the IET does not refer to points these are referred to in the minor works certificate. Plus note 12 and Test instrument record.

So please tell me the point of all this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back