Build a carport infornt of house.........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have a pretty big plot at the front of our house and are considering erecting a timber frame carport for 2 cars, carport will have a catslide roof and closed sides, it will be to the front and left of the house as you look at it from the road. The carport will be approx 1.5m from the house but will end approx 3m or a bit more fom the end of the driveway/road. I have been told that you can't build in front of the existing building but I'm not 100% sure on the validity of this info as I'm sure a car port is deemed a temporary structure. The house is detached but there's not enough room for a double carport on the side. Re location of the house we are near the end of a cul de sac, my nearest neighbour is in the dead end bit of the road and his house is set way further back than my house so far back I can see his front door from my rear garden. With this in mind the carport won't be in his field of view.

Anyone have any experience of building a carport or similar in front of a house.

Thanks

Scaff

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My info is no doubt out of date but an old neighbour had a car port that finished at the front of his house and must have been 4 M long -maybe 5? It was just a roof on stilts, no side stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back