buildilg block shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
want to build a block shed in my garden ,could anyone tell me if just using 4"blocks rendered on the outside would keep the damp out,
many thanks,

Sponsored Links
On its own, no.
You need a dpc and a proper bellcast to the render to keep the damp out of the walls, then there's the floor..............

A dpc and bell cast is no guarantee of stopping damp penetrating a rendered wall. Its will stop it rising for sure but not penetrating through. That's why houses are built with cavities or thicker walls than 100mm block. Depends what activities you intend doing inside, if whatever it is you are doing requires completely dry conditions you will need to do more.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I'd go for it mate. If your render is sound and given a decent coat of paint, I don't think you'll have too much to worry about.
I'd put a couple of courses of engineering brick below dpc, looks better & keeps the damp out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back