Building a garden wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to build a small (2ft-ish high) garden wall at the outside of my house (pic below).

I'd be comfortable laying the bricks, but the ground is concrete and sloped (and has been tarmac'd since the photo).

Is there an easy way to cut through the concrete for the foundation trough, or am I going to need someone who knows what they're doing for this?

Cheers!

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Christ on a bike, that is one steep hill and a lethal step outside the front door!

There is no 'easy' way to get through the concrete although there are a plethora of hire tools available to make the job less difficult.

Hire a breaker and start hammering. Or if you are really flush, hire a road cutter and cut the channel out then break it out after.

Watch out for services as it it quite likely some are present and may be on the line of your dig. Plan carefully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back