Building control Notices...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few questions...

I was going to start work on my house basically it has an extension that was built and the previous owner split it into a kitchen and downstairs bathroom and removed the upstairs bathroom making it a 3 bed.

The walls between the kitchen and bathroom are stud walls they don't run along the beams so arn't supporting the beams.

I also was replacing a bedroom with a bathroom which was the main bit of work that was being done.

On talking to building control they told me I needed quotes before they would do a building notice so I phoned 5 different builders / plumbers to try and get a quote for the job and then waiting, that was about 4 weeks ago and so I got fed up with no written quotes and started knocking down the walls down stairs..

I've now got a quote for the bathroom so was planning on making an application... Do I need to make a regulasation application or will just a normal application do as I've already starting doing some of the work ?
I haven't started work on the bathroom as yet.

Sorry if thats confusing just want to do the work the right way.

Also and I know this would be a matter of opinion, would I be better getting in building control after its all finished and looking well as currently my kitchen looks like a bit of a building site with wires hanging around it.

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
The whole ethos of getting Building Control involved is that you do it before you have done the work. So get them involved now on a notice. If you wait till after you have done the work they'll expect you to expose anything relevant ie rip plasterboard or floor boards out. Strangely, Building Control Inspectors are actually used to building sites.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back