Building in the snow?

G

gcltd

Hi, I just want to check can my builder build my extension walls in this weather - there has been snow - still on the ground but it has stopped now, temp ok, foundations clear of snow, just surrounding ground.

Would most builders not build in this or would they carry on - along as its not snowing and the temp is ok?

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember it has to be +3 and rising(the temperature not the snow).

Just found this
Winter Working
Laying masonry units
Hydration and strength development in mortar generally occurs at temperatures of greater than
about 4°C. This means that when the temperature at the time of laying is less than about 4°C,
the characteristics of the mortar may be affected. Consequently, masonry construction should
be discontinued when the air temperature falls below 3°C, unless the mortar temperature can
be maintained at a minimum of 4°C until it has hardened; this may necessitate working in
heated enclosures. If suspended laying may be resumed when the air temperature rises to 1°C
and is expected to continue rising to above 3°C over the bricklaying period.

http://www.cemex.co.uk/re/pdf/lt-construction.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back