Building over private drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

Just have a quick question, the neighbours are building an extension on the rear of their property, we are semi detached and the sewage tank for both properties is in their garden. The drainage pipes from our house run across the back of their house under what was the patio and which is now where the extension is being built. Are they ok to build over the pipes, bit concerned in case we need to do any maintenance in the future!

Sponsored Links
So long as they protect the pipework properly it shouldnt be an issue.. but if your concerned by the pipework then suggest it is re-routed now at their cost.. alot easier to do when digging around the area..

Hi!

Just have a quick question, the neighbours are building an extension on the rear of their property, we are semi detached and the sewage tank for both properties is in their garden. The drainage pipes from our house run across the back of their house under what was the patio and which is now where the extension is being built. Are they ok to build over the pipes, bit concerned in case we need to do any maintenance in the future!

Sounds a bizarre situation if the sewage tank for both properties is in their garden...

If I was your neighbour I'd suggest that you get your own septic tank in your own garden....

Is there a man access cover in their garden at present ? Will the extension cover it ?

Sponsored Links
The access cover is their garden but not covered by the extension, it's just the pipes that are covered, have attached a rough plan which explains it far better than I could! No way we could afford to have the pipes redone and a tank fitted.... we live in a veyr very rural area with no access to mains drainage for miles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back