Building Own Furniture - Books / Websites / Magazines?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I would like to build various items of furniture (a trunk, some garden furniture and a chast of drawers) and am after a decent reference of modern looking furniture. Can anybody reccomend a decent reference? I have googled and amazoned and can;t find anything that grabs me. Has anybody seen the american publication?http://www.popularwoodworking.com/

Is it any good? Worth signing up for a free year (buy a year get one free)...

Any help would ne much appreciated.

I should say that I am fairly competent around the house, but have never really taken on anything to ointricate. Am keen to try.

Cheers,
Matt

Sponsored Links
Fine woodworking is a better US publication IMHO, you can usually get it in WHSmiths.

My favorite UK one is Furniture & Cabinet Making. This has more contempory pieces and not just something to knock up on a Saturday afternood.

As Hitachi has said UK Workshop forum is a good place to have a look round, hope to see you there, plenty of members work with step by step pictures.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back