building regs and knocking down walls

This really isn't very hard. :rolleyes:

1. Contact your local council planning department.
They will help you determine whether or not your changes require planning consent before work starts.

2. Contact your local council building control department.
They will help you determine whether or not your changes require a building notice to be issued before work starts.

3. Look at your lease and any conditions and covenants therein.
This will tell you whether you need permission from anyone else to do the thing you want to do.

4. Stop bugging people on this forum until you've done all of the above.

thanks for your advice, but I had already called the places you suggest.

1) I came to this forum as it appeared people would be speaking from 1st hand experience and could give me advice from that, is that not what this forum is about or its purpose?

2) Who gives you the right to determine if I am buggin someone else?

NO WHERE IN ANY OF MY MESSAGES WAS I DISPLAYING ANY KIND OF RUDE BEHAVIOUR SAYING THAT I AM BUGGING PEOPLE!
My questions were all ligit.
You need to learn some manners mate, just cause you know a little bit about building does not give you the right to talk down to people.

Do not even try to rebutt my comments, if you were polite and friendly you would have addresses me on my name and finished with a nicety by saying

regards Bob Hope or something

or even balanced your barbaric/caveman like ways by adding some humour!

thanks and regards
Gavin
PS
a smile goes a long way, looks like you have forgotten how to do that (I dont need to see your face to know if your smiling or not)

Sponsored Links
Oh dear that's not very nice is it; I was going to chip in but don't think I'l bother now! :mad:

pintail120 said:
thanks for your advice, but I had already called the places you suggest.
Well then, what did they say?

1) I came to this forum as it appeared people would be speaking from 1st hand experience and could give me advice from that, is that not what this forum is about or its purpose?
That is indeed its purpose.

What did the council say?

2) Who gives you the right to determine if I am buggin someone else?
Wot?

NO WHERE IN ANY OF MY MESSAGES WAS I DISPLAYING ANY KIND OF RUDE BEHAVIOUR SAYING THAT I AM BUGGING PEOPLE!
Nowhere in what I've written did I suggest that you were rude.

My questions were all ligit.
So what did the council say?

You need to learn some manners mate
You're not my mate.

Regards,
Bob Hope

Sponsored Links
Oh dear that's not very nice is it; I was going to chip in but don't think I'l bother now! :mad:

so you think its fine for people to go around saying:
stop bugging people here

you are obviously colluding on this......

but I see at least a glimmer of hope/humour with the bob hope signature, thats better. :LOL:

so you think its fine for people to go around saying:
stop bugging people here

you are obviously colluding on this......

but I see at least a glimmer of hope/humour with the bob hope signature, thats better. :LOL:

What did I do then :eek: Colluding? I wasn’t even involved! If you were a regular contributor you would be aware that I’m one of the least likely to get involved with the little squabbles that go on from time to time; I don’t see the point & frankly have better things to do!

You were given sound & correct advice by everyone that posted but you appeared not to be following up on some aspects of that advice before coming back & asking the same questions. The majority on here will (& do) go out of their way to help posters but it can be a little frustrating when sometimes they appear to want it all handed on a plate with no attempt to help themselves & follow up advice already given; don’t shoot the gift horse! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back