Burgled . . . where can I get replacement window keeps ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, we have just returned from holiday to discover our home burgled. Entry was via a ground floor UPVC window which they appear to have just crowbarred open. I urgently need to replacement two upvc window keeps till I can get a more secure window fitted. They are not the flat ones. Live in Stockport or will order via internet if necessary.

Thanks.
View media item 97918View media item 97917View media item 97916View media item 97915

Sponsored Links
Can you not take one from each of 2 upstairs windows to make the ground floor secure?

Sponsored Links
Probably an idea to fit some sash jammers to each opener as most keeps are made from that monkey metal, if they were any stronger they'd just pull the screws out the plastic, the dents in the pvc can easily be repaired

Can you take the fittings from a window that is "handed" the other way round? I think what would be top handed one way becomes the bottom the other way round.

When your insurance company opens on Monday, see if they have a local panel that includes someone who can repair your windows and make them secure.

When my mother was pushed aside and her car stolen with keys in the door, I got the insurance co to send someone to fit new house locks. Did a nice job though I did have to press for the sort I wanted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back