Burgler alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually believe Bernard to be correct on this issue.

I would agree a good wired system is preferable to a wireless system.
Bernard is one of the few posters I fully respect on here.

However wireless can be an option depending on the needs of the householder and ,

The level of risk and the nature of the secured valuables.

The desire of the 'lady of the house' to not have her decorations spoiled. (A remarkably important factor)

The money available to fit the alarm

I have yet to experience an alarm being jammed and noone has ever reported to me that it has happened to them.

However I will not discount it could possibly happen.

there is absolutly no reason to choose a wireless alarm other than a lack of ability on the installers part - over 30 years of experiance says so - end off

Sponsored Links

However wireless can be an option depending on the needs of the householder and ,

The desire of the 'lady of the house' to not have her decorations spoiled. (A remarkably important factor)

I have yet to experience an alarm being jammed and noone has ever reported to me that it has happened to them.

there is absolutly no reason to choose a wireless alarm other than a lack of ability on the installers part - over 30 years of experiance says so - end off

For a pro fair enough, this is a DIY forum, some people can't wire a plug let alone an alarm system(no disrespect to the OP).

For a pro fair enough, this is a DIY forum, some people can't wire a plug let alone an alarm system(no disrespect to the OP).

unfortunatly thats not good enough - the industry has enough cowboys unregulated installers adding to the noise never mind somone too daft to wire a plug.

Wireless alarms simply do not work as intended and you would have to question anyone still fitting them for money, lets hope they have good insurance ie "fail to work" for one.

Of the 200 plus recipients of my systems TWO have suffered attempted burglaries and in BOTH cases the alarms activated as designed.

All alarms set and unset without false alarms as intended and I DO NOT have to run round 24/7 sorting out problems.

Sponsored Links
That's just like an electrician saying he knows how to fit an alarm system, or an artist saying he knows how to paint the side of a house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back