burning actuator microswitches - 2x 2 port pumped system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should the burner and pump be solely powered from the orange wire output of the microswitches?

i have just moved into our first owned house and with a faulty worcester oil boiler CH/HW sysytem that i finally mastered.

i had a burnt danfoss actuator microswitch on my HW circuit that i DIY replaced for £35.

2 days later and the CH actuator microswitch is now burnt? Is this coincidence?

This demand on/off seems alot to expect of such a small switch (micro!).

Also doesn't the lack of flu and pump 'run on' after burner activity reduce boiler life?

Sponsored Links
Danfoss Actuators always go wrong, Honeywell valves are much more robust, the valve switch should be more than capable of operating an oil fired system, the fused spur should have a 5a fuse fitted.
Post Purge not required on Room Sealed Oil Boilers (the older Low Level Discharge models wern't room sealed and so a useless post Purge kit was provided to Ventilate the boiler on shut down...it didn' really work :rolleyes: )

Pump run on not required on Heatslave Boiler ;)

More than likely a coincidence, as the Hw mirco switch had failed, the central heating was bound to follow presuming the valves are of the same age.
Should the burner and pump be solely powered from the orange wire output of the microswitches?

i have just moved into our first owned house and with a faulty worcester oil boiler CH/HW sysytem that i finally mastered.

i had a burnt danfoss actuator microswitch on my HW circuit that i DIY replaced for £35.

2 days later and the CH actuator microswitch is now burnt? Is this coincidence?

This demand on/off seems alot to expect of such a small switch (micro!).

Also doesn't the lack of flu and pump 'run on' after burner activity reduce boiler life?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back