Burnt Rice...IT STINKS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a pan of boiling water, went to tip the rice in & I missed the pan.
The rice caught fire what a stink. Not to mention the mess.

Sponsored Links
LOL how do you miss a pan? I could understand if you were pouring say a bag of rice into an egg cup ;)
FYI boil in the bacg is much easier, microwave rice easier still but IMO doesnt taste as good.

Well I dropped a piece of dry pasta onto the hob the other day and that stank too - urgh!!

Sponsored Links
Worth it if you like rice...
Get the water content right - for your taste then you cannot go wrong with a rice cooker.
B000HRELGK.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_V59731503_.jpg

;)

My method is easy-peasy, but you need basmati.

Put a smidge of oil in the pan, add a mugful of rice nice & hot. Add a mug & a third of boiling water. Lid on heat right down (works best on gas), and cook for 10m...

NICE!!

If you really want to create a stink, throw bread on the barbecue when you finished using it then run inside and close all the windows and doors.

Your neighbours will love you!

NOT

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

securespark said:
My method is easy-peasy, but you need basmati.

Put a smidge of oil in the pan, add a mugful of rice nice & hot. Add a mug & a third of boiling water. Lid on heat right down (works best on gas), and cook for 10m...

NICE!!

The world changes little ....

...What is basmati rice?

With its lyrical provenance, grown only in designated areas of India and Pakistan, in the foothills of the Himalayas and watered by rivers of their melting snow, this 'prince of rice' is highly prized and distinctively flavoured. It is grown slowly, cropped only once a year and harvested by hand. Our parents may have put canned pineapple in their curries but we are a generation enthralled by authentic Asian cooking and ingredients. The aromatic basmati has thus become a kitchen staple, accounting for 37 per cent of all the rice sold in the UK. Since it is also more expensive than other long-grain rice, the promise of profit has also gone hand in hand with the temptation to indulge in, shall we say, a spot of mis-labelling. In 2004, the Food Standards Agency published the results of DNA tests on 363 samples, 17 per cent of which were found to have a non-basmati content of over 20 per cent, the maximum that was then allowed under the industry code of practice, while 9 per cent of samples had a non-basmati content higher than 60 per cent....

...Tilda, the largest supplier, only offers 'pure-line' basmati, bought in small quantities from traditional farmers, and every batch is stringently DNA-tested to check its authenticity...

Quoted from 'Food detective: Basmati rice'
;)

Try mustard seeds, phew! that was nasty, we all had to get out the house,could'nt beath.
She was making a curry from scratch and somehow burnt that mustard seed, try it for fun :LOL: everyone will either get out the house or die.

Slugbabydotcom
bread on the barbie ,it would just toast/burn ...wouldnt it ?

Richie P
Im sure you stink the house out after you have had that curry anyway......shirley

Pour water onto the hot charcoal lumps this stops any smells occuring.

Sponsored Links
Back