Bush A127QW washing machine buttons.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Bush A127 QW washing machine that was working fine until I started having problems with a sticky start button. I've ordered a replacement button strip and I'm looking for advice/guidance on how to remove the top of the machine and how to access and replace the button strip, please.

Sponsored Links
Try taking some photos of the rear of the unit. You might need to remove the detergent tray from the front. The top should have a couple of screws from the rear that will need to be removed. Once the detergent tray is removed, see if there are any hidden screws that may hold the top down. Hopefully you should be able to remove the top. Take caution when removing the top as cables may be fixed into some grooves as a form of cable management.

Thanks for your reply, Shaffick. Your thoughts are much appreciated. The replacement buttons arrived today and I'm planning on tackling the job early next week. I'll take photos / make notes as I go so I can post the result. Fingers crossed!

Hi Ken. Once you figure out how to remove the top this will give you a better detail in regards to the switch assembly. Good luck and take care mate.

Sponsored Links
For some reason (probably my fault) this thread is crossing with another by Tonton. His comment came in after I'd finished the job and his experience seems to be exactly the same as mine. Thanks, Tonton, for taking the time to respond.

In case anyone else wants to try it, I found it very straightforward and I’ve detailed below how I set about it.

Tools: Torx screwdriver with T-20 bit, cleaning cloths, WD40

1. I disconnect the water hose and the drain hose and pulled the washer from under the worktop. I unplugged it from the mains.
  2. I removed 2 torx screws at the top corners of the back of the machine and lifted off the top.
  3. I removed the soap drawer (thanks again for the tip, Shaffick) and took out the hidden screw that connects the front panel to the frame.
  4. I took out the three screws along the top front edge that also holds the front panel in place. The panel is now freed, but is still connected to the printed circuit board and held in place by the wiring harness.
  5. I unclipped the wiring harness where its held against the frame, to give a little bit extra movement.
  6. The PCB is in a plastic housing that is a push fit into the front panel. (See Pic 1.) Pic 1.jpg I was very careful not to touch the PCB and I had to use quite a firm pull to separate the two (probably the most scary part of the job). Once separated, the front panel is entirely free to come away.
  7. The button strip is a push fit into the front panel and I gently levered it out. It has a strip of 4 clear plastic probes that connect the buttons to the electrical switches on the PCB. These are, again, a push fit into the buttons and have to be carefully removed to be re-used with the new switch. (See pic 2.) Pic 2.jpg
  8. I cleaned the front panel down and clicked the new button strip and the re-used probes into place.
  9. I then cleaned down the inside of the washing machine drawer area (residue of old soap powder) and brought the front panel roughly back into position. Being very careful not to touch the PCB itself, I clicked the PCB housing back into position on the front panel, making sure everything was firmly in place but not using too much pressure.
  10. I lined the front panel back into position and replaced the 3 screws along the front top edge and the screw from the front that’s hidden by the soap drawer.
  11. I re-clipped the wiring harness to the frame and I gave everything a quick spray of WD40, then replaced the top and fastened the 2 screws at the top corners of the back of the machine.
  12. I plugged the washer in, moved it back into position under the worktop, and re-connected the water and drain hoses. I selected a wash programme and pressed the (new) start button. Bingo!!!! :):) The washer started up and now works perfectly.

Job done for under a fiver (the cost of the new button strip and postage!) and I’m delighted.

Hi Ken,
Great stuff mate. Glad you got sorted. It's always worth attempting to repair something yourself. You can save a fortune. Your detailed tutorial is excellent. I think you need a well deserved beer or other favourite tipple lol. Take care and thanks for your tutorial. Im sure it will help others in the future. Cheers Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back