Buying a Flat above a Launderette ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, a friend of mine is looking at buying a 2 bed flat on the 1st floor above a launderette in Brighton.
Is there anything particular he should know, any particular risks or things to check for ?
Here's a photo of the back. I think he can make his own entrance by straightening the stairs and knocking a hole through and partitioning the yards with a wall, so the launderette is separate.
And I'm thinking rear dormer, and roof terrace above that back kitchen - that flat roof is bigger than a lot of gardens in this area. It's commercial on both sides so not much overlooking, the small garden behind the wood door on the right is the only overlooked place.
But not sure if the project is worth the risk.
There is no lease on the flat at the moment (I assume its never been separated).
So ... not sure if its poss to get a share of freehold for this type of property, instead of a lease.
Cheers for any advice

Attachments

• flat.jpg
    flat.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links
Is there anything particular he should know, any particular risks or things to check for ?
Ask him to be on the look-out for really good ear defenders. The boom-bassy rumble from the big dryer drums will go through the structure and into his bones.

Sponsored Links
Back