Buying a house with a new roof that hasnt been approved

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, we are in the process of buying a 1970's detatched house thats had a new roof, but our solicitor has just informed us that the property has not had planning approval for the new roof, and asked me what i wanted to do, she said it could or could not be a problem, and said i could take out an indemnity if i wanted, what does that even mean?
We only had a specific survey done on a wall that was cracked on the property, but not a full survey of the house, would i be best informing the council and seeing what they say?
I think the roof was replaced about thee or four years ago, and it was tiles replaced with tiles
Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
A replacement roof doesn't need planning permission. Building regs are relevant though, is that what you're dopey solicitors meant? What was the original roof tiled with and what were they replaced with? An indemnity is pointless. Anyway repost in the Planning and Building Regulations section of the forum.

A replacement roof doesn't need planning permission. Building regs are relevant though, is that what you're dopey solicitors meant? What was the original roof tiled with and what were they replaced with? An indemnity is pointless. Anyway repost in the Planning and Building Regulations section of the forum.
thanks...sorry will re post in right area

Sponsored Links
Back