Buying Land with PP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All hope you can help.

I am just about to pull the trigger on some land with a derelict cottage on, with Full Planning Permission to convert it into a 3 bedroom house. The plan is very close to what I want.

My question is, am I able to tweak the internal layout, without having to re-apply for PP. It is Angus council.

The external will not change at all from the plans.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Why not speak to the planners and ask them? Surely that will be more reliable advice than asking on an open forum like this?

That is what I have done for the last week, and not made any progress, so was hoping for some feedback from other peoples experience.

So you spoke with the approving officer? Internal space is not usually an issue but could be. Its not listed? Nothing in the conditions?

Sponsored Links
I spoken to several different people, properly even the cleaner, lol.

No one can give me a yes or no, seems very odd.

Not listed, in a completely rural location with nearest neighbor being a farm 1 mile away.

They say should not be an issue, but suggest a re-apply for full PP again. seems they want more app money. I am not sure.

Hi wcavanagh

My understanding is that as long as you adhere to the approved elevations and overall size, the local authority has no say if you want to change it internally. Same that applies with an existing property and internal alterations.

There is a formal way of gettting the revised plans approved as a "minor amendment" which covers non material alterations, however if your amendments do not affect the external appearance or parking requirements (say extra bedroom) I would just get on and do it. It is likely that there may well be other changes during the build and if you are still concerned you can apply retrospectively to ensure the Local Authority has on file what has actually been built. I hope that helps.
Thomas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back