C/H Pump on hot water draw off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We attended an old farm house today to price an en suite conversion and have a look at what was involved.

Anyway the customer said the hot water flow was poor but he overcome this by installing a C/H pump on the hot supply to a bathroom in a different part of the house.

We went to see this in action and to my surprise it worked, without pump on a dribble of water, with pump switched on a fairly decent flow.

He wants us to cut a tee to hot outlet at cylinder and run a new 22mm supply from there to the new en suite but fit a C/H pump to the new pipework, before we seen it working myself and the plumber I work with scoffed but as I say it works.

Sponsored Links
You can buy a pump for purpose tho, like a shower pump and place it at cylinder hw outlet. Same difference ;)

Not a good idea to use heating pump for hot water, it will rust.

A single shower pump with flow switch will do, tee off after the vent, as per manufacturer instruction.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back