C/H turns off

at 200k ohms the 2 blacks give a reading of about 180, but when we connect to either black and the red there is no reading what-so-ever!

you need to turn up the stat,set your meter on 200 ohms (6 oclock) and look for a low ohm reading with the stat up

Sponsored Links
Connected it all up, switched the CH to on and nothing. Turned on the room stat nothing. Just put the HW on also and it is now firing up, Just wait to see now whether the CH turns off once the water is heated up.

you've got your meter now so fault finding will be easy
select CH only HW off and make sure the room stat is up
set your meter on 500 V ac which will be about the 1 oclock on your meter
put one probe in terminal 2 (wiring centre) and leave it there
and the other in firstly terminal 5 ... do you have around 230V?
then terminal 7........ again 230V?
if no to terminal 5 try terminal 4. again 230v?

matt

Sponsored Links
Right have not checked the voltage yet as was leaving it running see if it switches off, well its been on almost 4 hours now and still pumping round but only works with the hot water switch on so will it still be the voltage or something else. Im getting closer its never stayed on this long :)

Right have not checked the voltage yet as was leaving it running see if it switches off, well its been on almost 4 hours now and still pumping round but only works with the hot water switch on so will it still be the voltage or something else. Im getting closer its never stayed on this long :)

Follow my post posted at 3.22pm remember to have HW switched off

Right I just checked them all they are all reading about 245v so guessing I need a new mid position valve :(

Just wanna say a big thank you for all your help.

I changed the motor in the 3 port valve and now everything is working nice and hot radiators. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back