c&k securitech 700l keeps beeping even after replacing battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The other day my c&k securitech 700L alarm started beeping at some regular interval. I inherited this alarm system from previous owner. I have the code but I have never used it. I checked this forum and understand the battery is the prime suspect. I have replaced it with a new one now but it still continue to beep. The tamper light is off (unless when I open the metal case). The fuse looks ok.

Can someone advise how do I stop the beeping? Or what else could be wrong?

Alternatively, since I never really use it, is there an easy way to just disable the entire alarm system without triggering the alarm?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is it a chirp? Like a smoke alarm type bleep?

The 700L doesn't really beep unless it's the chime feature that's been switched on perhaps?

It sounds like a beep to me from an internal speaker. It's not the smoke alarm as I've checked those first before realising it's the security system.

I'm not aware of chime feature as I never really turn it on before this. Can you explain a bit?

In short, press the star key, should be no lights illuminated.

1698675121079.png

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I'll try again when I get back home later today and report back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back