C&M Britony Combi SE 80- new PCB part 61308723

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My C&M Britony SE80 had a no flame detected fault (70 , 80) so replaced PCB and all was well and fired up fine but....... showed fault 70 (overheating).

Also noticed the burners fluctuated between high and low though burner pressure was checked fine at 11mbar (yes by RGI). Flushed system with X800 which is still in and awaiting RGI returning on Friday.

The original PCB had one pot (P3) and one jumper (JP3) replacement PCB (partno 61308723) has three pots (P3, P4 and P5) and two jumpers (JP1, JP2) in the top left (as board is mounted in boiler) circled on picture.

Does anyone know what these pots and settings are for? would they affect fluctuating burners?

Finally... what should the thermistor resistance be.

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The latest PCB for this is now 60000571, replacing 61308723 and 1302265.

The new version seems to serve a few different models of Chaff boilers, since its got jumpers for different settings depending on the boiler.
JP1: CF/FF (FF default)
JP2: MOD/TPR (MOD default)
JP3: 3/3 or 1/3 (3/3 default)
JP4: ATAC/CALYDRA (ATAC default)
JP5: ATAC/TIG (ATAC default)

There are also some pcb-mounted pots for adjusting power for full modulation (as well as the TAC control which was there before).

For my SE100 I changed JP2 to TPR, the others were left as default.
TPR corresponds to the 3 gas valves (and 3-level modulation) in the Britony SE100. The other option is for models fully modulating valves - not the 2002 vintage Britony SE boilers I've had the joy of owning (SE80 at previous house, SE100 at the current one).

Ok, fascinating stuff I know, but someone might be interested....

Thanks to boilerbeasty for this post (albeit a while ago) just need the pot settings for P4 and P5.

Those are gas settings pots and we dont give advice on gas matters to DIYers.

However, I suspect that they may not be used with your boiler as it step modulates.

Tony

thanks for the post Tony.

The replacement Board was supplied without any datasheet and the RGI is back tomorrow and we're both hoping the powerflush will have resolved the overheating.

He pointed out the modulation issue and as there was no datasheet, was unable to make any adjustments. Hence my post looking for information.
I can understand the policy of not helping in gas matters, but as you know, I can buy a PCB from just about any supplier without any Gas competence and in it should have been the datasheet- on this occasion it was ommited and as this is an older (6 years) boiler his knowledge is limited and Ariston can't help.

It appears Ariston do not support C&M to any great extent and are unable to supply individual datasheets. I am unable to return the board or get a replacement (for the datasheet) in time for the return visit.

Do you know what P4 and P5 refer to? I'm doing the legwork so he doesn't have to!

thanks again

Sponsored Links
He pointed out the modulation issue and as there was no datasheet, was unable to make any adjustments. Hence my post looking for information.
I can understand the policy of not helping in gas matters, but as you know, I can buy a PCB from just about any supplier without any Gas competence and in it should have been the datasheet- on this occasion it was ommited and as this is an older (6 years) boiler his knowledge is limited and Ariston can't help.

thanks again

Whilst you may expect a datasheet, the pCB probably comes without one.

You may think it sounds unhelpful not to give advice to DIYers. However there is a closed section of this site where any RGI can join and ask for gas related advice.

If your RGI is a luddite without internet knowledge then so be it! But the facility is there.

Tony

Whilst you may expect a datasheet, the pCB probably comes without one.

Not according to Ariston and the RGI, they both expected instructions/datasheet.

If your RGI is a luddite without internet knowledge then so be it! But the facility is there.
Tony

No mention of him being a ludite Tony, I'm simply enquiring to save his time and my expense.

I assume you don't know the designation of the pots- judging by your posts and thank yous you clearly have plenty of knowledge and time to devote to this forum- thank you for your contributions to my post so far.

It would appear unlikely that I'll find any further answers from this forum if your word is final.

Thanks again to BoilerBeasty for his helpful knowledge sharing.

I also expect a datasheet but apart from Suprima and Biasi only a few do include them.

One of the problems is that some of these pcbs are used in several boilers and the RGI is expected to have a manual for the boiler available to him.

Tony

to be fair agile these boards definetly come with a data sheet. even with pictures of either a calli or plate heat ex. to the various gas valves.. regards ariston tech, depends who you get. get your rgi to try again. theres usually an old sounding, very northern lanc/yorkshire accent guy. that really knows his stuff.

RGI is expected to have a manual for the boiler available to him.

His Ipad had no signal onsite and so couldn't download any manuals! I downloaded the Britony SE manuals etc for him from chaffoteaux website but the documentation only has settings for the original PCB (single pot, single jumper).

Quite rightly he wasn't in a position to guess with the pots and jumpers without instructions.

My problem is compounded as this property is DSS let and whilst I personally may have been prepared to put up with lack of hot water, my tenants aren't so understanding (even though they have operated the boiler for several months by reseting it upon lock out- without telling me of any problems and likely casuing the PCB to fail).

Boiler now shows error 70 (overheating) hence thoughts on thermistor, though a replacement has been ordered for RGI tomorrow. It randomly displays error 40 50 60 80 but this is not listed in any documentation.

the system has been filled with x800 on the RGI's recommendation- he suspects the exchangers are bunged up causing overheating. He was only meant to be certifying a Landlords Certificate on an annual check but this has turned into a major headache.

thank you for revisiting, Tony if only to confirm the RGI's expectation of datasheet. RGI also mentioned multi-boiler PCBs so he's probably on your wavelength.

Thanks also Holty- the tech guy you mention sounds like a gem but wasn't who I spoke with. Will try Ariston again first thing in the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back