C Plan or W Plan System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post so hoping someone can help I need to change the diverting valve on my system but have become some what confused as to what plan my system is

I assumed it was C Plan but investigating I found that only the the live and neutral were connected as in a W Plan but if it was a W Plan it would need a 3 port valve and not a diverting valve 2 port , also if I'm correct a C Plan system would require a 4 pipes from the boiler I only have 2, can a C Plan system work with a 2 pipe boiler or is my system some sort of hybrid

Any guidance would be very much appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
You may have a fully pumped system, but with only one zone valve (controls the heating) controlled by the room stat.

The how water will circulate automatically (with the heating) when the heating is on, and circulate on its own when the programmer is off, or the programmer is on, but the room stat not 'calling' for heat.

Any chance of piccies?

Mr. W.

You may have a fully pumped system, but with only one zone valve (controls the heating) controlled by the room stat.

The how water will circulate automatically (with the heating) when the heating is on, and circulate on its own when the programmer is off, or the programmer is on, but the room stat not 'calling' for heat.

Any chance of piccies?

Mr. W.

No need for pics you've spot on basically the system works as so... if the controller is on hot water only, then the pump and the boiler are controlled via cylinder stat and if the controller is set to heating and hot water then its controlled via room stat obviously the cylinder needs to heat up first before opening the valve for heating

I guess from this I only need a 2 port valve that opens and closes as mine currently does and can ignore the other cables as previously

Any idea what you would call this type of system

Many Thanks Paul B

Not called a plan of such.

If you were to install another zone valve onto the cylinders flow pipe and wire that in conjuction with the cylinder stat you would have an 'S' Plan.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Not called a plan of such.

If you were to install another zone valve onto the cylinders flow pipe and wire that in conjuction with the cylinder stat you would have an 'S' Plan.

Mr. W.

Final question I hope.... can you get a 2 port zone valve that's just 3 wire or is using standard 5 wire OK this has worked fine in the present set up I need a honeywell or equivalent see link http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hea...+Port+Motorised+Valve+22mm/d230/sd3232/p85125

Again thanks for the help

Cheers Paul B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back