Cable confusion

Although I've just noticed the drop at the end of 'A' that drops below the floor is actually out of SZ.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didnt notice it. To solve this I would either have to extend the trench in the floor to the socket on the far right or how about this as my prefered method?

3d-lounge2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Got there before you :D

Yup. Also not sure about D in the rear right corner of the drawing - it seems there are two opposing walls with accessories attached, but the adjoining wall between them has a buried cable with no accessories to create a safe zone. Same in the near right corner, too.

Are you saying the safe zone cannot extend around bends? If this is the case then my solution would have to be to move one of those opposing sockets to the back wall?

Got there before you :D

Yup. Also not sure about D in the rear right corner of the drawing - it seems there are two opposing walls with accessories attached, but the adjoining wall between them has a buried cable with no accessories to create a safe zone. Same in the near right corner, too.

Are you saying the safe zone cannot extend around bends? If this is the case then my solution would have to be to move one of those opposing sockets to the back wall?

Afraid not - the safe zone only extends vertically from floor to ceiling and horizontally on the wall to the left and right of the accessory, in the same plane. It does not extend around corners, interior or exterior, so you'd need to add an extra socket, find a new cable route, or choose one of the methods listed in BS7671 that allow a cable to be buried outside of safe zones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back