Cable required 10.7KW hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just in process of changing over the kitchen (part new extension) and have an existing 6mm cable to the hob, but have a new hob which has a rating of 10.7kw. The cable is buried under concrete but is in a conduit, I am thinking the 6mm cable will be a bit on the light side, am I correct. I do not have access to cable rating tables. The new appliances will be connected by an electrician but I will install the cables first.

Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Tables say 38A when enclosed in conduit and 46A clipped direct. Your your current is 46.5.
10mmsq would be the correct size to use in this case.

If its jut the hob the cable is feeding I wouldnt apply diversity either to get down to 6mm sq

Many thanks RobFurn, it is just a hob on its own. Will run 10mm now. I was just hoping it would be OK to save the time and £££.

After diversity your 6mm² cable on a 32A MCB will be sufficient but will not be able to carry full load (about 45A) which means if you switch on all the hobs the MCB will probably trip. If you want to cater for full load then upgrade to 10mm² cable and a 45A breaker.

Davy

Grr too slow again...

Sponsored Links
:LOL: A first for me! easy one though so I wont let it go to my head

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back