cable run from cooker point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
do you run the cable from the cooker switch to the cooker outlet horizontal then vertical or can you run it diagonal ?
thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you are plastering over it and not providing additional protection (capping doesn't count!) then it can't be diagonal, keep vertically and horzontally in line with electrical accesories

i was told in a shop that as it was behind the cooker that it could be run diaganol.
Because of cupboards i will have to run horizontal from cooker point and then down to cooker outlet then.
thanks

Sponsored Links
mrtell said:
i was told in a shop that as it was behind the cooker that it could be run diaganol.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

safezones.jpg

Green = good
Red = bad

revised to:

Four legs good, two legs better.

Just to open another can of worms, I was told on my 2391 recently that in the forthcoming 17th non safe zone mechanical protection is to be done away with and the circuit in question must be put on a 30mA RCD

No problem.

Just another RCBO application :LOL:

But far better and cheaper to stay in safe zones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back