Cadburys Fruit and Nicotine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So another British institution has gone and jobs will go.

However, the big issue is that Cadbury have been bought by Kraft; a front for Philip Morris Tobacco.

Would people be happy to buy food products from a tobacco company if they knew?
Will they slowly sneak in unecessary addictive ingredients(like they do in their tobacco products) or have even higher fat/sugar levels?

I can't understand how the tobacco company has got away with it for so long where all their dodgy dealing when they tried to hide the fact they owned the companies is freely on the internet.

You buy Kraft products/Kenco Coffee etc and you're helping keep the tobacco company going. :mad:

At least boycotting them will be good on the waistline...

Sponsored Links
Im worried they'll make their whole nut bars taste of cheese :eek:

They should`ve been bought by John Player...Then we could have Player`s Navy Cut + Nut ...I`d eat it. :p

Sponsored Links
I can't say I'm a great fan of Cadbury's chocolate (a connoisseur friend of mine says it's only sold for spotty girls to eat), but it's well better than the revolting Hershey bar which leaves a particularly nasty bitter aftertaste.
Someone bought me a chocolate orange at Christmas - first one I'd had in years. Tasted awful - not a bit like the Terry's chocolate I remembered. A quick look at the label confirmed my suspicions. Now owned by Kraft foods! Won't be buying another one of those.
The real pity is that Cadbury's now own Green and Blacks and they'd be a great loss to the chocolate eating public - even if they're not as good as before Cadbury's took them over.

I can't say I'm a great fan of Cadbury's chocolate (a connoisseur friend of mine says it's only sold for spotty girls to eat), but it's well better than the revolting Hershey bar which leaves a particularly nasty bitter aftertaste. .
Being better than Hershey's is not much of a claim, though, is it? :cry:

Someone bought me a chocolate orange at Christmas - first one I'd had in years. Tasted awful - not a bit like the Terry's chocolate I remembered. A quick look at the label confirmed my suspicions. Now owned by Kraft foods! Won't be buying another one of those.
Agreed, nowadays the chocolate orange is a vile, putrid piece of confection. :evil:

The real pity is that Cadbury's now own Green and Blacks and they'd be a great loss to the chocolate eating public - even if they're not as good as before Cadbury's took them over.
Is that true? Have G&B's deteriorated with Cadbury's takeover? I am genuinely sorry for any staff that might be left without employment but for me anything with the Cadburys name was pretty bloody abject! Rant over.

Back