Calblock Water Softener - Drinking Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

My washing machine is currently plumbed in to a tap under the sink. The tap has a Calblock Water Softener attached to it. It is a small metal torepdo shaped devide about 3 inches long.

I have just bought an American Fridge Freezer that needs plumbing in for drinking water and I wanted to ask if it is OK / Safe for drinking water to pass through the Calblock softener also ? It would mean I only need to split the flow with a pipe going to the washing machine and one to the Fridge Freezer, rather than trying to take the water softerner off.

I believe it just uses magnets to soften the water so there are no chemicals involved but keen to get some advise from a plumber.

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
Those magnetic devices aren't really water softeners. They claim to limit limescale deposits by applying a magnetic field to the water.

IMO
a69f665dc9074824

It will make no difference if you connect your fridge before or after such a device.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back