Caller preference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me, or is this service neither use nor ornament?

We get sales calls every day. We dont answer if we dont know the number now. Many are international or 0845 numbers. Some are 0800's.

Its a joke. Nobody takes any notice of TPS. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The TPS can only stop UK based calls (providing the company are in the scheme) the American Asian call centres are international and can't be stopped.
There is a way around it, and it's caller display,ie if the incoming call doesn't reveal it's source number it's not connected you would have to raise it with your call provider I know BT do it.

I pass them onto my son, who keeps them on the line for up to an hour before revealing hes not the house owner, and unlikely to buy whatever it is they're selling..................

Sponsored Links
There is a way around it, and it's caller display,ie if the incoming call doesn't reveal it's source number it's not connected you would have to raise it with your call provider I know BT do it.
Oh well thats ok then, it'll stop my gran from getting in touch, as well as anyone else ex directory :rolleyes:

Theres many reasons why the number might not be displayed. It doesnt mean its a rogue phone call.

I'm with TPS and the spam calls I get are almost always from overseas. My caller display shows if a call is from overseas. So if it is I let it go to Answerphone.

BTW I once complained to the regulator about a UK company that phoned me despite being on TPS. After some months I got a notification that they'd been fined

That's great :)

i still get uk calls. amazing how quickly they put the phone down when you mention tps and offcom regs

I usually tell these callers that I'll fetch my dad to the phone, place the receiver down on the coffee table and just get on with whatever I'm doing.
Lift the receiver 10 mins later and see if they're still there. If they are I tell them my dad won't be a minute and place it down again.
Repeat till they get fed up.

Sponsored Links
Back