Camray boulter 5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - the mains light is on all the time ( well maybe not at midnight) and it never used to be. The orange light used to go on, the boiler would fire up, then after it had stopped firing, the main power light would go out too. Now it stays on. Eg, heating actually switched off timer at 8pm tonight but power light is still showing lit - and it’s 9.30pm. Heating engineer changed a valve (?) before Christmas and it seemed to be OK for a few weeks, but now the light is back on most of the time. I can hear something running in the boiler but nothing should be operating, ie it should be shut down for the night. I know nothing about his kind of thing but it’s like there is excess heat in the system that it’s trying to get rid of. We have underfloor heating if that’s of any matter. It’s an oil only boiler, pressurised system. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check your motorised valves on the main system and also the UFH. One of them is probably stuck and keeping supply to the boiler and pump, which is probably what you hear.

Thanks oilhead - will do. Will be a couple of days before I can do that. Can they be unstuck, or is it a replacement job.

We can let you know when we know what you have. If it is a zone valve, then replacement of the synchron motor may be possible, otherwise the complete head on some models.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back