Can a new combi boiler be moved?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

obviously we won't be attempting any of this ourselves but I'd love some expert opinions on this :)

Currently we have a downstairs bathroom with a boiler in it. Sometime this year we want to move the bathroom upstairs into our back bedroom. This back bedroom currently has a hot water tank in it. In a couple of years we want to knock off the old downstairs bathroom (dodgy extension not worth keeping) and replace it with the kitchen of my dreams!

As part of moving the bathroom upstairs project we want to replace the boiler with a new combi boiler and get rid of the hot water tank.

We could put the new combi boiler where the current boiler is (in the downstairs bathroom) BUT when we do our kitchen extension in a couple of years it would have to be moved. My question is: would this be pretty straight forward? If it only adds a couple of hundred pounds to the cost of the kitchen extension then I'm not overly worried.

Or, should we get the plans drawn up for our kitchen extension now so that we can put it in exactly the right place for the long term? My concern with this is that there isn't really anywhere in the current kitchen to put it (it needs to be against an external wall, right?) but there would be in the future (plan to get an external door blocked off).

What puts us off getting the plans drawn up now is that we are having a baby later this year and so what we think we want might not be what we really want in a couple of years.

Sponsored Links
There is as much ( or usually MORE ) work involved in moving a boiler!

As I would charge £840 to install then would you want to pay another £840 later?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back