Can PVA be applied by Spray Gun???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys

Just as the title says, Can it be applied by spray gun, or some sort or inexpensive spray pump???

For sealing interior brickwork!

Thank You

(apologies for dbl post, was nit sure of decorating or building)

Sponsored Links
I've used an inexpensive pump/spray many times on stone walls in France, mortared with mud, inside and out.

Make sure the PVA is well mixed though, otherwise bits of unmixed PVA will clog up the spray nozzle.

I've used an inexpensive pump/spray many times on stone walls in France, mortared with mud, inside and out.

Make sure the PVA is well mixed though, otherwise bits of unmixed PVA will clog up the spray nozzle.

Hi Red

Absolutely brilliant, thanks mate, are we talking the kind of pump sprays etc like the Ronseel type pump sprays that usually do garden fences etc, if you have any lnks to the type of sprays, would be greatly appreciatted.

thanks again

I've used both types, the smaller hand-held 1ltr type and the larger 5ltr type with the separate nozzle connect by tube to the pressure tank.

Obviously make sure you clean it out well, if you want to re-use it.

Sponsored Links
I've used both types, the smaller hand-held 1ltr type and the larger 5ltr type with the separate nozzle connect by tube to the pressure tank.

Obviously make sure you clean it out well, if you want to re-use it.

Some man Red, if cyber pints where possible!!!

That was exactly the type of info I was looking for.

how did you find the PVA for sealing anyway? really want to prevent dusting etc from interior brick, looking to hoover the walls, then wash, then seal!

Just ensure its well mixed or even filter it before adding it to the sprayer - there is usually a small inline filter on the intake to the sprayer, if your flow starts to slow up - just depressure it pull out the gubins and give it a clean - it will only be a small bit of mesh.

how did you find the PVA for sealing anyway? really want to prevent dusting etc from interior brick, looking to hoover the walls, then wash, then seal!

The PVA works a treat for firming up the loose stuff and reducing the dust.
Have you thought about pressure-washing your walls prior to PVA, obviously allowing the surface to dry out a little, which shouldn't take much more than a day?

The PVA works a treat for firming up the loose stuff and reducing the dust.
Have you thought about pressure-washing your walls prior to PVA, obviously allowing the surface to dry out a little, which shouldn't take much more than a day?

Pressure washing.....

Really cant say I have Red, was thinking of hoovering then wiping with a sponge and soapy water.

How did you find the pressure wash??? its interior in a flat, would be a bit worried about the amount of water that would gather on the floor etc (wish is solid ston/concrete).

How did you find it?

Aaah well, horses for courses.
I didn't pressure wash 'cos I had rubble stone walls and mud mortar.
I just used a brush.
But had it been cement based mortar, then I would have pressure-washed 'cos it was on a ground floor with concrete floors. In fact the floor still had a fall and drainage in it 'cos it had been used for animals.

Aaah well, horses for courses.
I didn't pressure wash 'cos I had rubble stone walls and mud mortar.
I just used a brush.
But had it been cement based mortar, then I would have pressure-washed 'cos it was on a ground floor with concrete floors. In fact the floor still had a fall and drainage in it 'cos it had been used for animals.

Ahh cool

Thanks again Red, really appreciate it man. Looking to go with similar, wash with brush or sponge, and spray PVA onto the interior roof and surrounds round the windows (need the bloody floor leveled 1st lol)

Cheers again man!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back