Can someone explain plastics to me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got lost somewhere in a world of plastic. I want to make some (250) handheld waving flags. I need plastic flag poles for this task - roughly of the dimension 6-10mm by 1 meter.

Now this may seem quite a simple task but .. er... the world of plastic rods and tubes has got me seriously confused. I can't tell Nylon from acetal from PVC from extruded rods. All I can find is the technical properties of each plastic which doesn't tell me whether they're suitable for the task at hand. That's all I need to know. Each company I contact is telling me different things, or telling me they can't supply this and that. I'm having a bit of nightmare.

Basically I need a plastic rod/type of plastic rigid enough to hold small waving flag. That's it. It doesn't have to be durable or anything or any other property really. Almost a one use thing.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Nylon, acetal or PVC would all be fine. They are fairly similar being tough and easy to cut. Might be little bendy at 6 mm but you can test that. They'll be very durable so if they are going in the bin after it might be better to use something more sustainable like timber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back