can this be done in 1 week?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am hoping to complete on a property in the near future ( 1950s ex local authority 3 bed semi) which needs the following work.

rip out downstairs bathroom consisting bath, basin, wc

install in its place a shower cubicle with electric shower, new basin and new wc

create ensuite in bedroom directly above downstairs bathroom consisting of shower cubicle, electric shower, basin and wc.

no waste outlet currently from upstairs so need soil pipe run inside house top to bottom. Existing drain cover immediately the other side of the house wall on which the downstairs wc sits.

no tiling or electrics as these would be done seperately before or after installations as required.

and no boxing in, making good, decor - just the basic installation of the above so all in working order.

Also re ensuite - just installation of the fittings no stud wall, flooring etc

empty house, downstairs bath and stairs right by front door, skip outside front door provided.

Is a week to do the above reasonable for a plumber?

Sponsored Links
Why not ask the plumber.
If he thinks its 7 days work he will tell you & you may be able to pay him extra if he finishes in a week

lol, if I was doing this myself I dont think I'd have enough bandwidth with which to post my questions :) Yes I will ask a plumber when the time comes. I'm a tradesperson meself - I think if someone asked me a similar question, yes I would answer yes or no but everyones different and I respect that....

Sponsored Links
err i seem to remember this is a DIY forum

not a place for some cheapskate shark to get advice

yev been telt ask the plumber :rolleyes:

He came on here and asked a question. He did that all by himself, that is called DIY. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back