Can you add new radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: :eek: Hi this may sound a bit daft, but I am female and blonde. I am in the planning permission stage for building a 2 storey extension. My house is 3 years old and has a microbore system for the central heating and my boiler is a worcester boiler model 24/19 cbi. I want to move my existing boiler into the new proposed utility in the extension. I need to move some of my current radiators and add 2 new radiators to the existing system. A friend has told me that I won't be able to add new radiators to a microbore system is this true????

Sponsored Links
You're not too blonde to realise you're blonde so can't do plumbing..;)

But if the system is investigated to see where the pipes go, from the boiler, and the bigger ones are moved if necessary, and the redesign is checked through, and you don't exceed the boiler's capacity (unlikely to be critical for 2 rads) then it should all be doable without any problems.

What doesn't work is tacking another 2 rads onto the end of an already long run of thin pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back