Can you help to diagnose BAXI 105e please? no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have problem with my Baxi 105e. I had replaced diaphragm for DHW and it worked fine but now (after few months) it developed something new.
CH works perfect but DHW has its own life. Sometimes water was nice and hot but some times it was lukewarm. Up until now while using hot water (shower) I flushed toilet or release cold water for a while from other tap (pressure of hot water drops). After I closed cold water tap or toilet cistern filled itself up (hot water pressure goes up to normal) then temperature of hot water risen up (also option to switch to DHW only helped for few times). It was doing the trick up until today now its always lukewarm or some times gets bit warmer for few seconds. Pressure is ok, micro switches seem to operate correctly. fires up nicely, radiators hot as it should be. I have no LED’s blinking.
Please help me so I will know if I need new boiler or else. Currently I have to boil water in kettle to get some hot water to bath my 16m old son.
Regards,
Iggy

Sponsored Links
let the central heating cool down, when the rads are reasonably cool run the hot water and see if the flow pipe under the boiler starts to heat up, if it does the divertor valve is sticking.

well yes while using only DHW pipe for CH gets really hot and DHW stays lukewarm. Is it something which can be fixed by heating engineer, cleaned or needs to be replaced? any body has brief idea how much it could cost? I remember once I have been renting a house and in our boiler diverter valve got knackered. Engineer said to landlord he has to replace the boiler so he did. Not going to argue if decision was right but if it cost significant amount of money to replace the valve then maybe its better to replace boiler. My BAXI might have 7 years now so...
Iggy

Sponsored Links
have a phone round for prices, you,ll soon find out what is an average price for supply and fix of a divertor valve in your area,

Valve is around 70 quid plus vat takes less than an hour to fit so should not be that much labour so not time for a new boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back