can you paint bitumen corrugated roofing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if I can paint the under side of bitumen corrugated roofing sheets? I just want to lighten the room they are covering.
If so, what can I use?

Thank you for any help.

Sponsored Links
you must 1st paint them with a very strong unibond wash to seal them then any good quality emulsion based paint...looks better with a couple of coats but dont forget unibond 1st ;)

Thanks so much for your help. Can you explain what you mean by a wash? Is it watered down unibond adhesive and sealer?

or you can use spirit-based aluminium paint, or aluminium wood primer. the aluminium flakes form a mat as they dry to prevent the bitumen bleeding through.

I am very doubtful about the Unibond method because usually, if you do this to a wall and then paint it, the emulsion paint tends to peel or flake off.

Sponsored Links
or you can use spirit-based aluminium paint, or aluminium wood primer. the aluminium flakes form a mat as they dry to prevent the bitumen bleeding through.

I am very doubtful about the Unibond method because usually, if you do this to a wall and then paint it, the emulsion paint tends to peel or flake off.

yes but a wall and a bitumen product are a million miles apart.. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back