Candy counterweight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry:
After developing a banging during the spin cycle I checked the machine out but didnt find anything obviously amiss. However following a wash cycle this morning, with horrendous banging noises I stopped the machine. Inspection revealed the concrete counterweight on the floor under the machine, two out of three fixing bolts sheared and a pile of concrete dust under the machine. Hohum. My missus says it had been making a noise for weeks but didnt think to say anything. Hohum again. New machine on order now, with 7-10 day delivery. Silly question but can the machine be used minus the counterweight? Or do I bite the bullet and re-discover the joys of a Launderette until the new machine arrives?

Geoff

Sponsored Links
uncle_geoff said:
. Silly question but can the machine be used minus the counterweight?

only for entertainemnt value

the counter weight is actually not, its a dampening weight, with out it the m/c may dance all over the place.

do be carefull, a washing m/c with no weight can be very dangerous

Sponsored Links
Breezer - I must admit I was tempted but then sanity and my minders returned and put a stop to it. I have now replaced the Candy with a bright shiny new Hotpoint Aquarius and hit a new problem. On the empty part of the cycle, water was blowing back out of the external drain pipe. The new machines drain pump seems to be a lot more powerful than the Candy. Anyway I stripped down and cleaned (as well as I could) the pipes interior which was coated, in some places quite heavily, with a grey gungy goo. Reassembled and tested and water is draining a lot better but still a small amount blowing back. Some of the drain pipework is inaccessible - does anyone have an idea on how to clean the pipe end to end?

Thanks.
Geoff

change all of it would be better, but you could use a foam cleaner available form all good supermarkets re arange these words muscle mister

Breezer - thanks, have never tried muscle mister before but there has to be a first time for everything. As ever your input is much appreciated.
Geoff

Final part of the saga. Muscle Mister didnt make an ounce of difference. I bit the bullet and replaced the entire drain run with new pipework. Problem all solved. Old pipes were 80% blocked with gunge and debris, photo available on request but not for the faint hearted!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back