Candy Washing Machine - hopefully simple problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Candy Grand GO146 washing machine that even though is a couple of years old has only just gone into use! All has worked fine but it now keeps throwing up a problem that I can't get passed. Usually once you have chosen the programme you can then select the required spin speed etc. Once the programme is selected it will not move off the "no spin" option and sticks at 15 minutes programme time. I have turned it off, unplugged it, let it run through the 15 minutes etc etc but cannot now get it to allow me to select and use any programme.

Have looked at Candy sites but can find nothing of any use at all - any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
When this machine malfunctions it should throw up an error code. This is manifested by the flashing of the first option button on the left and the first led on the left (directly above the option button). The error sequence lasts 15 seconds & the flashing occurs at approx 1Hz....i.e. there should be a series of "x" flashes - the lights go dark for whatever time remains of the initial 15 secs - then the whole process repeats itself. Run the machine, note findings & post results.

No, there is no error code at all. Have left it off for the last hour and when turn it on the "stop" light flashes continously (which is correct) and the "no spin" light is solid red. What should happen is that when the programme is selected the spin cycle should move to the number of rpm applicable to that programme. However the spin cycle light stays solid on "no spin" whichever programme cycle is selected.

Left light doesn't flash at all - simply the two mentioned above. I have ensured that machine is stable and level so am totally confused.

Thanks

Run an auto test program & see what it throws up....like this:
Make sure the machine is empty. Set the program selector to off. Push and hold in the first option button on the left. Rotate the the program selector 2 positions clockwise to the 60 program for cottons. As soon as the first option button LED lights release the button, at this stage all the option button LED's & all the residual time LED's should be lit (as well as the Maximum spin LED). When this happens push the start button within 5 seconds. If the upper LED's and option LED's flash alternately the test sequence is activated & the machine will run a test program. If a malfunction is detected you ought to see an error code.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Buttons from left to right are "delay start" under that is "stain vanish" then to right "allergy care" "fast wash" "start/pause" above that is "spin selection" those are all buttons - so not sure which is the first "option" button you refer to (i.e top or bottom on left)?
Thanks for your help

I assume you have a GO146-80 (which should be the only one marketed in the UK). If not then post ALL the details on the door sticker so I can pin down exactly which model revision you have.

3100134706260--- doesn't tie up...it has to be 310013470620---
Regardless of that...follow the procedure I gave you utilizing the option button "stain vanish" & we'll see what happens....

Hi,
The number quoted is definitely correct and is quoted in the book and insise the door regardless we have tried what you have suggested and the following happens,

Machine is off.
Have held in "stain vanish button"
2 clicks clockwise to 60 degree with pre-wash
Stain vanish button remains on
The spin light very quickly - (and I mean very very quickly) attempts to light the 1400 spin speed but instantly jumps to the no spin symbol
Stop button flashes consistently.

Have tried on numerous occasions but keep getting the same result. If we press start at this point it appears to run a drain programme for a couple of minutes and then takes us back to where we started.

I am no expert but there seems to be an issue with getting it to accept a programme that has a spin cycle. Machine is flat stable and level, drum spins freely and silently - am very confused!

Thanks for your help

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but I suspect your pcb is history.

Okay thanks - it has only been used about 10 times (it is however 3 years old) so will avoid Candy in future - any suggestions as to what to replace it with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back