Cannot log in to email.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI Everyone!!

Since my home computer was maintained, had the disk cleared and had anti-virus put on it etc just before christmas, I have not been able to access yahoo email or sign in to yahoo and my father has not been able to sign in to msn hotmail or email (although obviously I am still able to sign in to Diynot). I was able to before it was serviced however and have been told it might be just a simple setting so could anybody help here please?

Computer is a DELL with INTEL INSIDE.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Could do with more detail e.g. Operating system, anti virus and firewall.
Do you use any other method of retrieving emails e.g. Outlook etc

As you can get internet access it could be anti virus or firewall settings preventing access to Yahoo or Hotmail.

And the actual error message you are getting would be helpful.

Oh, if you're using ZoneAlarm, there seems to be a problem, my ZA firewall is currently turned off due to technical issues, fear yea not however, my Hardware FW is on (not that I approve of having two firewalls on simultaneously you understand)

HI Everyone, Sorry for not replying sooner, but anyway the message I get when signing in to the websites mentioned is as follows:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems
More information

The computer is protected by GRISOFT Free Edition AVG AntiVirus software Test Center with Firewall.

Hope this helps, if so any ideas? If not I will try and find out more about the computer.

Cheers Everyone!!

Sponsored Links
Also try turning off Link Scanner and Web Shield. AVG does seem to cause a few problems and this might just help

Back