Can't find refill valve for CH. Odd set up on Fortic cylinder lots of cold feeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I'm coming unstuck. Have had to change a radiator. Something I have done many times before in old house. But can't for the life of me find any place to refill the system. Also can't work out why the fortic hot water cylinder has what seems to be an extra cold water inlet. I see one for the top tank, one for the mixer valve (oventhrop ov5) and one other below which I can't work out. Any ideas?

There is also loads of green sludge rubbish in the top tank. Looks ming

Thanks

Attachments

• 1501539498682-2071438035.jpg
    1501539498682-2071438035.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 511
Sponsored Links
Looks like you have a thermal store, a lot of these take the flow and returns directly from store so the rads fill from the store. Have a google of the model you have and find out how it's plumbed.

Looks like it is a Thermflow combination type sealed system boiler model. so should refill radiator once connected and bled appropriately. Thanks Piccasso. when i have some money ill get it replaced with a combi boiler i think. bin off the massive cylinder in the airing cupboard.

Sponsored Links
It should refill through the top cistern as long as there is no blockage in the internal connector pipe.

Maybe a good time to clean out the cistern to prevent green goo getting further into your system :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back