Can't get any water out of bath cold tap :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new guy here!
I have two questions which I'm hoping someone out there will have the answers to:

1) Firstly, and most importantly - this morning I went to run a bath, and the cold water tap is not releasing any cold water - I can turn the tap hundreds and hundreds of times and nothing happens. It's as if something has been rounded, but I don't know how to disassemble taps so not sure what to do or what to look for.

2) Since I moved into this house, the bath taps only seem to work on a 'turn-based' operation - ie. you can only have HOT OR COLD, you can't have them mixed because only hot water will run. Any idea what this could be?

Cheers!
Jon

Sponsored Links
jonnybump said:
1) Firstly, and most importantly - this morning I went to run a bath, and the cold water tap is not releasing any cold water - I can turn the tap hundreds and hundreds of times and nothing happens. It's as if something has been rounded, but I don't know how to disassemble taps so not sure what to do or what to look for.
As you probably already know, you're going to have to take the tap apart. Before you need to isolate it from its water supply.

Most gravity-fed rubber-washered bath taps can be repaired by replacing the headwork (aka valve body), but it might just be a worn handle. Can you post a photograph here?

2) Since I moved into this house, the bath taps only seem to work on a 'turn-based' operation - ie. you can only have HOT OR COLD, you can't have them mixed because only hot water will run. Any idea what this could be?
Too little information to be at all sure; it could be down to how the pipework has been done, but there might also be a clogged or partially closed valve on the cistern outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back