Cant get red ON light on my Hotpoint Aquarious WT540 washer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My machine was working ok - brushes were getting worn. So, I replaced brushes. Then I could not get the ON LIGHT to stay on. When plugging in, ALL lights flash - then all OFF!

Thought I must have made a mistake with the brushes! So replaced them with the originals! Lights just the same - I get a first flash of all lights, but the RED ON LIGHT will not stay on when I press the On button?

Can anyone help please? Thanks Twang

Sponsored Links
Does the door lock does the mc work. Does the lock light come on briefly when the start button is pressed.

Thanks for reply rocks1. Have just tried the machine again - this time the ON light came on! So lookedOK. Set the machine off on a wash Ok for 20 mins, then stopped! Red ON/OFF light flashing and RISE HOLD flashing! Does anyone know where I go now, please? Twang

Sponsored Links
Check the motor block wiring is it loose or is the block of 6 wires in the right Place with none spare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back