Can't remove detergent solution pump cover on Bosch washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Bosch logix machine and need to remove the pump cover to clean it but it only turns about 1/5 of a turn and gets stuck.
I'm nervous of forcing it with pliers as it's only flimsy plastic.
Can someone advise me.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
A little bit confusing post.

If you post the FD and Model number we can help more specifically.

I am going to assume you mean the filter at the bottom of the machine which is part of the drain pump housing.
It should turn and then pull out but if rubbish has got stuck in there that prevents it turning you can try and wiggle it back and forth a bit ti see if it comes free or more commonly remove the drain pump from the underneath of the machine behind the filter. (sometimes you can get the obstruction out if you just remove the sump hose from the filter housing underneath (wires, sticks, bamboo, keys, coins, etc etc etc)

Bosch Logixx 8 Express 1400

Yes I mean the filter at the bottom of the machine.

Is it supposed to turn slightly then pull out (in which case I'll try pulling it)
Or does it just unscrew out after a few turns?

Is removing the drain pump relatively straightforward?
I'm generally good at DIY stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Some rotate a quarter to half turn then pull out others unscrew all the way.

If you have something stopping the filter from rotating or pulling out it is best not to try and force it as I have seen many broken and they are a tadge costly for what they are.

I usually get access to the pump by switching the power off and tipping the machine back against a wall. Then looking underneath (some have a plate there that needs to be removed first) the pump is attached to the back of the filter housing by 3 screws or is a twist fit type with a locking lug. You can either remove the pump or remove the black hose that goes from the drum onto the back of the filter and see if there is any pieces sticking in there.

Even if the drum is empty you will still usually get some water coming out.

Sponsored Links
OK many thanks I'll give that a try.

I did notice when draining the black hose and when previously cleaning the filter that it was pretty limescaled so maybe that might be the problem?

Is it ever worth using Calgon etc? I live in a hard water area.

Thanks

WAE24462 doesnt have drain hose, but after tipping machine, was able to remove surclip/supply line to pump; small underwear was blocking the cover from opening; must have got out past the edge of the drum and into drain, will be using a washbag for all small items in future to avoid this reoccurring. Thanks Forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back