Capping off and concealing mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a bit of advice needed. Having bathroom re-tiled and we have decided to make more room by getting rid of shower. I have stripped everything down as far as the mixer contol pertruding from the wall. Question is - How would I go about removing the mixer control and capping off the pipes? Cheers

Sponsored Links
It's not often you get people removing a shower from a bathroom - you're obviously not concerned about putting off prospective buyers !

It might make sense to trace the pipes back and cap them off before they go into the wall, to reduce the risk of inaccessible pipes leaking in the future (if you were to just remove the mixer, cap off the pipes and tile over)

You might get more responses if you post a photo or two ?

If the cold is fed from the mains, then don't cap it off. The Water Regulations prohibit dead legs to mitigate the risk of Legionella growth.

If not mains, then, as has been suggested, cap off as near as possible to the source, i.e. tank/cistern.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for your replies. Looks like a plumber then? Unless I can suss out how to put pics on here. I'll ask my 10 year old computerized whizz kid. Wait out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back