car battery

Sponsored Links
Hi, well i never bothered starting my bora since i was last on forum due to snow,i checked car yesterday and all the hoses are now soft to touch so i thinking they thored out,i put antifreeze in and today i checked again and still hoses soft to squeze,do you think it will now be ok to start????? thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, well i started my car today, it started first time,if there was any damage how would i know??? i am a bit scared to keep it ticking over,there was no funny noises are anything,would you recomend i keep it ticking over on path for a while so engine can heat up???? thanks :)

Might be worth keeping an eye out for leaks in the days ahead.

The water pump seal might be a bit fragile?

But if the coolant level stays up your in the clear.

Hi, well i started my car today, it started first time,if there was any damage how would i know??? i am a bit scared to keep it ticking over,there was no funny noises are anything,would you recomend i keep it ticking over on path for a while so engine can heat up???? thanks :)

You would soon know if you had any problems concerning water, the engine would overheat.

rite i took car for a little drive about 4 mile,car seemed fine temp guage went half way then stopped which has allways done,took cap of header tank and it was red hot,my question is should it ov got so hot with just a short drive?? thanks

rite i took car for a little drive about 4 mile,car seemed fine temp guage went half way then stopped which has allways done,took cap of header tank and it was red hot,my question is should it ov got so hot with just a short drive?? thanks

If you say you took the cap off and you are still able to write this then everything should be OK, the reason that it got so hot is that with such a short drive the cooling fan did not cut in.

thanks spraggo mate, thats made me feel a lot better lol :)

Happy New Year, By the way, never attempt to remove the radiator cap while the engine is still hot, or you won`t live as long as me. I`m 74. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back