Car parts - questions about fitting car parts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm creating faqs, blogs, videos for helping you fit your car parts ... where would you like me to start? I work at AEP Direct, and want to help the community who want to start fitting their own car parts (to help save them money) with expert guidance. We have inhouse experts on car parts, and onsite mechanics. So just let me know, thanks.

Sponsored Links
have yer got video of fitting a cam belt and locking tool locations on a citreon c3 1.4 2005,

VW 1.9TDi oil pressure switch check and replacement Vid, would be good.

But surely your in-house expert mechanics could draw you up a list?

Or are you advertising?

Sponsored Links
mursal can you refere to my last thread again please the anti freeze one, would like to pick your brains a little bit futher cheers

thanks for your ideas, i'll add them to my list, keep them coming! its our sister company that has the garage - who can help me make the videos.
but, what im looking to do is to help people do the fitting themselves with the parts we supply (not take it to the garage.)
thanks

oh i see, you want the forums mechanics to tell you what you what to have then you film it and earn bucks from it to make your company and your sister company to look good...to novices
why not ask your sister company to film what ever jobs they are doing then come and tell mechanics, learners and novices what you got for them..i mean when is the next time youll have a everybodys vehcles in, to film. seems like an endless wait already to me.

barking over but will give some advise, you want people to buy parts from you.....who is your taget market and what audience do have via the forum. where is the audience in relation to your business and how does that reflect on cost to the end consumer. how much audience is on the forum close to you to collect in person or via post or even delivery several times a day.

what i would do personally if i was you..spend more time capturing local audience where you can deliver several time per day as needed in the modern day industry..a car of the parking bays is lost custom..come back tomorrow is no good in the modern world people want to say leave it with me and ill get parts later on. saying come back tomora is giving work to someone else where the customers then have time to shop round and give quotes to beat to competators....see where im going
market your company locally create a database of customers offer deals to frequently used accounts expand by openning else where do the same again.

i mean you wouldnt leaflet an area of 1000 house advertising parts and how too's to an area wher mass unemployment dictates that they dont have more than 50 cars between them, it would create a waste of time, money and manpower time is money money is money manpower is money thats without cost of a thousand leaflets so who is the target audience not the unemployed who are most likely to shop around for parts and go to the cheapest, they can still watch yer vids for free remember and thats cost yer more money straight away manpower on job to film it, band width of webserver..but will the unemployed customer have a computer and broadband to view it??
so its got to be working class rich will go to garage they wont get hands dirty so its working class who want the weekend of and will go to garage on a saturday even to get car fixed as they wont have time.

so whos the real target audience the mechanic..does the mechanics in this forum need to watch vidoes of your lads fixing a timing belt when theyve paid a 1000 knickers to autodata and have cam belt book to go with it, if jow blogg mechanic 500 miles away from you wants a part today where will he go to the cheapest ro to the guy that can deliver it today so the job can be completed today no matter what time it is during opening times.

i hope my experience is business and finance serve you well.

ive tried to help you and maybe now you can help me..please can you give me details of part manufactorers so i can get export prices on parts shipped to africa. ive googled some parts manufactorers lie eischer pagid unipart rest are unknow so can you give me a few names to look up. thats unless you can conjour up a good supplier for me in portugal where the cars originate

Back