Cars With Increased Ride Height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my youth, I'd lust after Alfa Spiders and other low-slung mechanical beasts.

Now though, I get excited looking at anything with an increased ride height.

Looking at sub 20K cars (ie MPV's or those based on small vans - like Caddy, Berlingo & Connect), which would you say had the highest ride & the best view out?

Sponsored Links
Give the Nissan Qashqai a look at...really quite a good vehicle. I'm fond of the Berlingo (cheap and practical) or if you want something smaller the Nissan Note is good too. Cheers John

I think a mitsi delica ticks all the boxes :)

delica.jpg

Sponsored Links
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=1007

http://www.celmaitaredinparcare.ro/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/skoda-yeti.jpg

The Yeti looks good, but is a small car: I need space for 3 squabbling bra I mean kids & their luggage.

Give the Nissan Qashqai a look at...really quite a good vehicle. I'm fond of the Berlingo (cheap and practical) or if you want something smaller the Nissan Note is good too. Cheers John

Yeah, I had a beer with one of the guys who was on the QQ design team. Designed purely by computer, like the new Fiat Bravo. Fascinating guy.

Like the Berlingo too, but thinking of 7 seats: the new one has that option.

Note a bit too small.

What about a Meriva?
I have just gone from a very quick mitsi to this
I find i great?? but only have 2 kids so they get plenty of leg room.( seat move in and back)
Or the Smax

Looking at sub 20K cars (ie MPV's or those based on small vans - like Caddy, Berlingo & Connect), which would you say had the highest ride & the best view out?

Not sure about driving qualities, but I think the Mazda Bongo Friendee has the best name! Have a look at the "Bongo Fury!" website for more details...

When the time comes for me to get something with more than 2 seats I reckon something like a Zafira GSi would do me...

The Mitsubishi Grandis looks good in gleaming black with some nice wheels, but is a bit slow.

But, if you want the ultimate in high ride and best view... Try the GM Futurliner!

w53hv_ms001.jpg

I love Art Deco and streamlining, so I think it's gorgeous... although I can understand how some might think it's hideous. :eek:

Latest Land Rover Discovery - Awesome vehicle. I love the way you can raise the suspension to a ridiculous level and it automatically ( after warning you ) lowers as you increase the speed .:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back